No matter how simple the game of blackjack looks, it might get tricky as you play it with complexity, lack of understanding, and without a crystal clear mindset. One must understand that blackjack is not just a game of luck rather how strong your decision-making skills are. And to enhance your decision-making skills or playing strategically with an open mind, we are here to provide you with some basic yet amazing tips which will make you hit the jackpot more often and make mistakes while playing less often.
- Play free Blackjack games: play free online blackjack games as much as you can. This will help you in improving your mistakes so that you will not repeat them while playing real money blackjack and lose some. This will eventually enhance your decision-making skills along with playing blackjack skills as well. As they say, ‘practice makes a man perfect’.
- Understand soft hands vs hard hands: hard hands are the ones which either contain no ace or if they have one, the value of the ace is taken or counted as 1 and not 11, otherwise, you will end up bursting. Soft hands also contain aces, but the value of aces is counted as either 1 or 11, as per the choice of player. It’s a good decision to start with soft hands and gradually moving to hard hands will make you win more. Soft hands allow you to play safe.
- Know what rules work to your advantage: at times or in certain situations, the strategies to play in order to win can backfire on you. So, it’s always advisable to play sensibly and not go with the flow. Blackjack doesn’t come with a set of strategies to win, these are expert opinions which works most of the time and not necessarily always. Be cautious.
- Avoid short payouts on blackjacks: you are here to play, win, and earn. No matter how small or large the jackpot amount is, people, grab it due to their greed. But hold on. The worst common mistake that most players make is the one in which blackjacks are only paid 6 – 5 and not 3 – 2. This means that on a hand of $ 10, you will win $ 12 instead of winning $ 15. This rule is made to increase the house edge and one must avoid playing this at all costs. The good part being, this rule is more often played in live casinos and not in online blackjack games.
- Ignore advice from others: once you’re on the table with a bunch of people or rather competitors around you and start the game never take advice from the person sitting next to you. Remember they’re competitors and will always wish to win first. It doesn’t matter even if they mean to do good to you, but that’s not generally the case. In the end, when you lose after accepting their advice, next comers will blame you for making bad decisions.